ACT strives to strengthen livelihoods in arid and semi-arid regions by improving access to technological and institutional solutions for resolving ecological constraint in collaboration with communities.
ACT is a professional voluntary organization based at Bhuj, Kachchh district in Gujarat, India. Registered under Societies Act, 1860 and Charitable Trust Act, 1950, ACT is founded by a group of likeminded young professionals interested in improving the quality of development delivery by Government and Non-government agencies. ACT stands by the following values in pursuing its mission:(a) professionalism, excellence, quality working conditions;(b) transparency and participatory nature of approach; (c)relevance to context and tangible impact on the ground.
NATURE AND FOCUS OF WORK
• Extend technical support to individuals, institutions and communities working in the field of natural resources management.
• Undertake innovative and action-research oriented projects following an agenda set by communities.
• Implement innovative and novel projects like community aquifer management.
• Build a knowledge-base of technological and institutional solutions for natural resource management in arid and semi-arid regions.
• Create Geographic Information Systems enabled database of natural resources and associated knowledge systems of Kachchh and other arid parts of Gujarat.
• Engage in policy advocacy at various levels through collaborative activities with Government and Non-governmental agencies
• Mobilize financial resources through developing proposals for grants, providing consultancy services, sale of publications and organizing training activities.
EMERGING NEW CORE ACTIVITIES
• Encouraged by consistent demand from other Government and Non-governmental Agencies, ACT decided to include training and capacity building as its core activity
• Urban watershed management is included as the other core activity following the critical role it played in restoration of Hamirsar Lake in Bhuj
• ACT is emerging as an important hub to monitor groundwater management and salinity intrusion in Kachchh district. By virtue of several studies done and projects implemented, ACT has been able to build rich knowledge base in this field.
A.C.T. thinks to strengthen livelihoods of communities in arid and semi-arid region by resolving ecological constraints through provision or facilitation access to technologies and engendering technologies and institutional solutions in collaboration with communities.
|Sr No.||Registered Under Act||Registration No.||Date/Year of Registration|
|1||Registered as Public Charitable Trust||No. F/1170/Kachchh||21st July 2004|
|2||Societies Registration Act||Guj/994/Kachchh||21st July 2004|